The flights were long and exhausting but it was so worth it when we arrived (even if we didn't get to sit next to each other on the longest flight). We had a small condo with a full kitchen and an amazing view of the Maalaea Harbor.
The flowers and trees were so pretty even though we were on the drier side of the Island. It was still pretty humid to us though.
Here was our view of the ocean from our condo. I woke up at like 4 or 5 every day due to the time difference, so this is before the sun was even up. Logan liked to sleep in, he has no time adjustment.
Here is Logan on the rocks surrounding the harbor, you could hike all the way out, but the waves were a lot more scary out that far so I didn't want to go. Logan was bummed he wanted to go fishing out there. No permit required according to a local.
'
Here is Logan touching the Pacific Ocean in Hawaii for the first time!! It was really cold, but I think he was more sad that he was in his clothes and couldn't just jump in right there.
Here are our footprints in the sand.
After swimming in the ocean hair... It looks better on the locals. haha.
Our first time eating star fruit. There was an awesome farmer's market close to us so we went by several times and picked up lots of different fruits. This was my favorite though. Fresh mangoes were a very very close second.
Everything was so pretty! Sunshine every day and a nice breeze. All the main roads were landscaped so pretty. I wish I had take pictures of some of the really impressive ones. Also, may I mention how green that grass is, I love it.
Logan was laughing so hard! All the trucks had tiny tiny tires!! He says its for better gas mileage but it sure looked super funny!!
Beautiful, trees lined most of the roads out in the country.
We went on a hike to see the "twin falls".
Wish this had been our rental car!! There were people all lined up to take pictures of this bad boy, just parked outside of a Burger King.
Its hard to tell but the tree actually isn't growing out of the ground. Its branch is extended into the ground. Banyon trees were pretty cool.
Logan really wanted that coconut. It want ready difficult because it did not come down and he hit it a lot, I was surprised it never fell.
Local Boys Snow Cones!! Amazing they had homemade coconut ice cream in them. I would dig it all out, I don't think Logan got much of the ice cream.
We went out for a fancy dinner and an old lady wearing white high water bell-bottoms with cowboy boots and a belly shirt sold us a hand made lei. Orchid petals!
Our food was amazing!! I think the waitor was confused since we didn't order the 4 course meal each. We each picked our favorite and ate that. Logan got soup, I got the entree, we shared an appetizer and skipped dessert. Ha-Ha not the normal way to go out fancy, but it was still awesome.
Logan with the lei and his whale friend. This was a kids play place at the shopping center next to where we stayed.
Oh and did I mention that one day when we did laundry, we got locked out. Instead of grabbing the condo keys we ended up with the car keys...to the car we left in Boise. Thankfully everyone in the building was really nice and the manager was called, but by the time he got there another tenant had found a key.
Virgin mango daiquiri. Way sour but super yummy!!!
Logan boogie-boarding! I played too there just wasn't anyone to take a picture. It was lots of fun, once you got over how cold the water was.
Just finished our first trip snorkeling Yes that old saggy guy was shirtless the whole time but he was really nice, his wife showed us all their pictures of their African safaris.
Going back in for a second time!
Sea turtles!! We couldn't touch them because the oils on our skin make them sick.
Legit Hawaiian soda.
No comments:
Post a Comment